Based on integrated AMA, CMA, NABNE, NPLEX-II, and other medical association standards and guidelines, this textbook offers a program for mastering essential family medicine and primary care clinical knowledge and reasoning skills. Primary care standards govern the systematic process of patient rapport building, history taking and charting, symptom and sign recognition, laboratory investigation and diagnostic reasoning, evidence-based therapies and case management.
- Develops case management competencies that will enable students to pass board examinations and proceed to clinical rotations, independent medical practice, or further postgraduate studies.
- Offers a convenient, high yield resource for managing the most common presentations, featuring comprehensive guides to conventional medical and surgery protocols, as well as naturopathic lifestyle, clinical nutrition, and botanical medicine approaches.
- Features applied clinical modules in cardiology, ear, nose & throat, diabetes, gastroenterology, geriatrics, gynecology, hematology, immunology and genetics, infectious diseases, nephrology, neurology, orthopedics, ophthalmology, pediatrics, psychiatry, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology.
- Includes more than 250 review questions based on board examinations and 50 cases that stimulate actual family medicine and primary care clinical practice.
- Evidence-based, peer reviewed, fully referenced, classroom tested, with contributions from medical experts and specialists.